- #1: The oil and natural gas industry is the largest single private investor in Canada;
- 425,000 jobs (direct and indirect) created by the industry in Canada;
- $15 billion: The average annual contribution of the industry to government revenues;
- 7.3%: The energy sector's contribution to Canada's GDP;
- 3,200 companies outside of Alberta supply goods and services to the oil sands;
- $37 billion: Estimated capital expenditures for 2017 (down from $81 billion in 2014).
Economic Impacts of Oil and Natural Gas
Canada's industry contributes to jobs, economic growth and quality of life