In Alberta, oil and natural gas development supports:
- 30% of all economic activity in the province;
- 415,000 jobs for Albertans, including those from spin-off economic benefits;
- 20,000 businesses that directly or indirectly depend on oil and gas activity, including 399 Indigenous-owned businesses;
- $3.33 billion in economic activity generated by these business between 2015 and 2016.
As a result of oil and natural gas activity, the provincial government receives:
- $4.8 billion in resource revenues (e.g. royalties);
- $185 million in provincial corporate income taxes;
- $1.5 billion in personal income taxes;
- $1.25 billion in the municipal portion of property taxes.