- $20 million prize pool;
- Collaboration among COSIA, NRG and XPRIZE Foundation;
- Competitors asked to “reimagine carbon”—turning CO2 into useful products;
- Two tracks with new technologies tested at either a coal power plant or a natural gas power plant;
- Team registration closed in July, 2016 with 47 official entries from seven countries;
- 27 semi-finalists were announced in October, 2016. The teams hail from Canada, China, India, Switzerland, Scotland and the United States;
- Round 2 judging scheduled for November and December 2017 will narrow the field to up to five teams per track.
Learn more at carbon.xprize.org